(Last updated: 2020-11-11)
- 2021-11-11: Added paragraph about Aliases in the Personal identification information section
- 2021-10-03: Added Third-party cookies section
- 2018-05-19: Initial version
Purpose of the SiteThe Site allows Users to create personal archives of musical transcriptions, along with various metadata, and optionally share their creations with other Users. It is entirely noncommercial and serves educational and creative purposes only. There are no ads or other ways of monetization.
OutlineThe Site will...
- collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the aforementioned purposes and other compatible purposes, unless the consent of the individual concerned is obtained.
- not disclose any personal information to third parties, unless required by law.
- only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- make readily available to Users information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Personal identification informationUpon registration, Users are asked for their email address, first and last names, and a personal password. You may voluntarily submit an alias, city and country of residence. Aliases are shown to other users instead of your real name when using 'social' features (sharing pieces, joining groups). No personal information is ever disclosed to unregistered visitors of the website. Your email address is never shown to anyone who does not yet know it, unless you use the website to send email notifications on your behalf, which fills in your reply address. For inquiries via email or contact form, email addresses and messages are stored for the duration of their processing. The Site's web server logs IP addresses of all requests for a reasonable time (up to 14 days), in order to detect security problems and software bugs.
Non-personal identification informationThe site may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. This may include the browser name, the type of computer and operating system, and technical information about Users' means of connection to the Site.
Third-party cookiesFor links to Youtube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media items within piece metadata, embedded embedded players will be displayed. These players employ the respective site's cookies, either immediately when the player widget is shown (Vimeo, SoundCloud), or as soon as playback is started (Youtube). Click here to see the respective privacy statements: Youtube (Google), Vimeo, SoundCloud.
Use of collected information
sympathetic-resonances.org may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate the Site
To improve the Site and to personalize user experience
Aggregated information may be used to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on this Site.
To send occasional emails
User may (very infrequently) be notified about important updates or changes to this Site.
To reply to inquiries
Protecting your informationThe Site adopts appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on the Site. The Site can only be accessed via the https protocol, i.e. all traffic with Users is encrypted.
Sharing your personal informationsympathetic-resonances.org will not disclose, sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to any other party, unless required by law.
Your acceptance of these termsBy using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use sympathetic-resonances.org. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Data deletionIn order to delete your account and personal data, please send a deletion request to